Accessibility Links

Technical Support Team Leader

  • City / Town: Reading
  • Date posted: 26/02/2021 08:00:00
  • Sector: Data Services
  • Employee status:
  • Employment status: Full Time
  • Job reference: R1178391
  • Consultant: Christina Kaye

We have an exciting opportunity to join the Covid Infection Survey (CIS) as Production Support Team Leader. You will be overseeing the team who are delivering the crucial data for the Office of National Statistics. 80% of the work will be production support, with the remaining 20% supporting development activities and guiding the team.

As Production Team Leader, you will have extensive knowledge of SQL and .NET. to be able to support and offer a helping hand to your team of Data Analysts and Application Support Analysts when needed.

You will be helping to create a best practice technical support function for CIS incorporating concepts as well as planning/change management of new features when required by the Office of National Statistics. Flexibility is key in this role as it is such a fast-moving study.

 Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:

  • Experience working with extremely sensitive data sets and data security solutions to support these data sets.
  • Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in SQL Server and SSIS echo system.
  • Proficient in TSQL and .NET preferable.
  • Good knowledge of SQL Scripting and Windows OS.
  • Excellent knowledge of SQL Server architecture and administration and support of the environment and running SQL jobs and workflows.
  • Prior working experience with infrastructure projects and some networking knowledge would be preferable.
  • Involved in problem determination using application and system error logs.
  • Ability to work under pressure.
  • Good communication and presentation skills - constant communication, regular update and follow-ups with various stake holders.
  • Good understanding of the production support process.
  • Ability to listen to team members and communicate instructions effectively.
  • Quick learner, self-motivated, should have ability to lead and direct team members.
  • Should have ability to take proactive steps in managing problems.
  • Able to motivate and inspire team members.
  • Encourage creativity and constant improvement.

#LI-WS1

#LI-GN2

#LI-MK1

#LI-SJ1

#LI-LK1

#LI-DW1

#LI-SP2

At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.

IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.

Join Us

Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.

Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.